Ayam Goreng Sambal Ijo
I went to Paddish Market to buy some continental herbs including chilli. These are essential items in my fridge. I always pureed them and kept them in glass bottles, so they are always ready to be used for convenience. Well, I was going to buy red long chillies and to my surprised green long chillies were half the price of the red one. So, I bought half kg of each chillies. I have been wanting to cook the fried chicken in green chilli sauce for a long time instead of the red one, but I worried that my husband would dislike them. He is a bit picky in sambal chilli and I don’t think he like the fried chicken in red chillies that much. To my surprised, he loves the green chillies version so much that I cooked them twice in a week.
- 1 whole chicken (about 1.6-1.8 kg), cut into small bites about 20 pcs
- 2 tbsp lime juice to marinate
- 1 1/2 tsp salt to marinate
- 250 gr green long chilli, puree
- 1 /2 tbsp garlic puree
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp vinegar or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar or to taste
- oil for deep frying and stir frying
- Marinate the chicken pieces with lime juice and salt for about 15-20 minutes. Deep fried the chicken until cook.
- Heat generous amount of oil in the wok. Add in garlic and stir until the fragrance comes out.
- Add in chilli puree and let it simmer under low medium heat for 5 minutes or until the oil bubbles start to reduce.
- Add salt, vinegar and tomato sauce, stir it to mix evenly.
- Add sugar and taste to adjust the flavour.
- When the taste is right, add the deep fried chicken. Stir to coat evenly.
Preparation time (duration): 90
Culinary tradition: Indonesian
Please leave your comment/suggestion if you find this recipe useful. Can’t wait to hear from you and Thank You!