Do you have left over egg whites stocked in the fridge? Then it is time to test your baking skill. Lidah Kucing is very popular during the Idul Fitri, Chinese New Year and Christmas back in Indonesia. It is pretty much a crunchy sweet cookie. You can make a little variation while making this cookie by grating cheddar cheese on top of the cookie mixture just before baking them.
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 100 gr caster sugar
- 175 gr whipped margarine (could be a combination of margarine and butter)
- 130 gr plain flour
- Beat egg whites and caster sugar until high peak is achieved.
- Mix the whipped margarine and plain flour bit by bit one after the other into the egg mixture.
- Using the triangle piping plastic bag, cut the end of the plastic to achieve 8mm wide. Scoop in the mixture and start piping for a line as long as 3-4 cm in length.
- Oven at 170 C.
Cooking time (minutes): 45
Meal type: snack
Culinary Tradition: Indonesian
Please leave your comment/suggestion if you find this recipe useful. Can’t wait to hear from you and Thank You!!!